“With a Heart Willing to Risk His Life for God’s Shepherd” — Pastor Lee Appeals for ManHee Lee’s Release on Bail
“Your Honour, once health and life are lost, they cannot be restored. Please consider the health and human rights of 95-year-old Chairman ManHee Lee and grant his release on bail as soon as possible.”
On the 10th, Pastor Jae-heung Lee of Juburusim Church stood outside the Seoul Central District Court holding a picket sign calling for the release on bail of Shincheonji Chairman ManHee Lee.
Wearing the badge of his Presbyterian denomination, Pastor Lee acknowledged that his actions could draw criticism or even disciplinary consequences.
“I came because I believe this is ‘God’s work and work for God’s shepherd,’” he said. “If the denomination sees me, I might be expelled. But since this is God’s work, I came with the mindset of risking my life for God’s shepherd.”
His decision followed his attendance at the Shincheonji Bible Seminar, where he heard Chairman Lee speak.
“After hearing the message in Cheongju, I realised that the Chairman is a religious leader of global stature,” Pastor Lee said. He also recalled being deeply moved by the words, “We are one in the Lord,” delivered at the Yeongdeungpo Great Word Assembly.
“After hearing those words, I made up my mind to become one with Shincheonji,” he said. “A one-person protest may not be effective, but I came because I believed it was what ought to be done.”
Standing firmly before the courthouse, Pastor Lee hoped his presence would draw the court’s attention to Chairman Lee’s circumstances.
“I did not allow my resolve to waver for a single moment,” he said. “I hoped the court officials would sense my earnestness and that it would help with the Chairman's release.”
After completing the protest, he said, “I was grateful that I was able to finish safely to the end, and I felt proud knowing that I had done what I ought to have done.”
Pastor Lee concluded with a final appeal: “Given Chairman Lee’s advanced age, and because health and life, once lost, cannot be restored, I ask the court to consider his health and human rights and grant him release on bail as soon as possible.”
Source: https://vo.la/WbaWxh3

0 comments