Shincheonji Volunteer Group Ulsan Branch Promotes Clean Air Campaign
The Shincheonji Volunteer Group Ulsan Branch held a ‘Protecting Clean Air’ campaign on the 7th around Ulsan University and Babo Intersection in Mugeo-dong, Nam District, Ulsan, to mark the International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies.
Observed annually on 7th September, the international day was designated by the United Nations in 2019 following a proposal from South Korea to raise awareness of air pollution and promote the importance of clean air.
Volunteers encouraged citizens and local businesses to adopt simple environmental practices, including using public transportation, walking or cycling, saving energy, and reducing disposable products. A parade around Ulsan University featured placards encouraging the use of public transportation and efforts to reduce fine dust.
A local billiard hall owner who participated said, “I learned for the first time that a day like this exists. I think the main thing I can do is to properly separate and dispose of the waste left behind by customers. If even this small action can make a difference, I will pay more attention in the future.”
The branch also distributed Capri keyrings sponsored by ‘Ulsan Forest Love’ and invited citizens to take commemorative photographs featuring environmental messages.
Branch Manager Han-su Kim said, “We organised this campaign with the hope that awareness of environmental protection would lead to practical action in people’s daily lives.”
He added, “As citizens and volunteers came together to reflect on the importance of environmental protection and commit to putting it into practice, I hope this campaign will become an opportunity to bring about positive change in our local community.”
Meanwhile, the ‘Let Nature Bloom’ campaign is a flagship environmental initiative of the Shincheonji Volunteer Group, promoting environmental protection and restoration and encouraging efforts to preserve a greener planet for future generations.
Source: vo.la/Voxcnw2

0 comments