“Health and Life, Once Lost, Cannot be Restored”… Presbyterian Church Pastor Urges Medical Bail for Shincheonji Chairman ManHee Lee
On 7th September, the 69th day since Shincheonji Chairman ManHee Lee’s arrest, Pastor Ju-seong Lee of Saehanul Presbyterian Church held a one-person protest outside Seoul Central District Court, urging the court to grant medical bail.
His picket read: “Your Honour, health and life once lost cannot be restored. Please consider the health and human rights of the 95-year-old Chairman ManHee Lee and grant his release on bail as soon as possible.”
Pastor Lee said, “Is it absolutely necessary to stand trial while in custody even with the Chairman's health deteriorating to this extent?” He added, “I came here to appeal and plead more strongly on this point, with the hope that he will be granted medical bail.”
Despite difficulties securing protest space due to noise from other groups, Pastor Lee said, “I settled down and didn’t mind, and I had a strong desire to pray that he would be released on medical bail soon.”
Reflecting on the confrontation, he said, “I realised that their shouting was not merely a disturbance,” and decided it would be better to explain the picket’s message and Shincheonji’s situation and “try to persuade them.” He added, “I thought it would be good if one person stood in protest while the other explained it to the people around them.”

0 comments