“Please Consider the Human Rights of the Very Elderly” — Pastor Ok-soon Im Calls for Bail for Chairman ManHee Lee
A one-person protest calling for bail and leniency for Shincheonji Chairman ManHee Lee continued on the 8th.
On the morning of the 8th, Pastor Ok-soon Im of Zion Church protested in front of the Seoul Central District Court, holding a sign that read: “Please consider the human rights of the extremely elderly. I request bail and leniency for Chairman ManHee Lee.”
Pastor Im said she decided to protest after hearing of Chairman Lee’s arrest, explaining, “I was shocked to hear the news of his arrest. I felt it was unfortunate and unfair that an elderly person was being detained.”
She added, “I decided to stage a one-person protest because I wanted to do something that would be of even a little help,” while acknowledging that she was also concerned about his own health.
While standing outside the courthouse, Pastor Im reflected on the people passing by. “I believe that God’s work is accomplished through people,” she said, adding that she hoped “at least one passerby would see the message on the picket sign and reflect on this matter once again.”
The main focus of her appeal was the human rights and health of the extremely elderly, emphasising that these considerations should be taken into account alongside the judicial proceedings.
After the protest, Pastor Im said, “I hope the Chairman comes out as soon as possible,” adding, “It is very regrettable and heartbreaking to think that he is suffering at his advanced age.”
She concluded, “I will continue to pray that you return soon to your family and the congregation in good health.”
Source: vo.la/rJZsnqO

0 comments