Shincheonji Volunteer Group Gangdong Branch’s ‘Beautiful Seniors' service — “The greatest gift”

by - 07:14

 

Volunteers from the Gangdong branch of Shincheonji Volunteer Group are cutting the hair of senior citizens at the senior citizens centre in Seongnae 1-dong (neighbourhood) on the 21st December

“Thank you for coming as Santa Claus on such a cold day. You volunteers are a great gift to us.”

An elderly person at the Seongnae 1-dong senior citizens centre, who received Christmas hair services from the Gangdong branch of Shincheonji Volunteer Group, hugged a volunteer and said this.

On the 21st December, the Gangdong branch of Shincheonji Volunteer Group visited the senior citizens centre in Seongnae 1-dong (neighbourhood), Gangdong district, Seoul and began volunteer work for the ‘Beautiful Seniors’ project. Seven volunteers participated that day.

Beautiful Seniors is a volunteer activity of Shincheonji Volunteer Group to support a healthy and happy retirement for the elderly under the slogan, ‘One beautiful day is beautiful enough.’

This volunteer activity exuded warmth as volunteers showed up in Santa costumes to celebrate Christmas. After having their hair cut, senior guests took pictures with volunteers dressed as Santa.

A beneficiary of the hair service said, “I've a year-end meeting in the evening, so I’m glad I can now go with my hair done beautifully.” Expressing his gratitude, he said, “I’m thankful that I can come here every time and have my hair cut beautifully. I’m just waiting for the day I have my hair cut.”

Volunteer A said, “Even though it was cold, many senior residents remembered the day we first met and have come. I was actually encouraged to see how happy they were after receiving the treatment.” She said, “They put chocolate in my hand as an expression of their thanks. I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.”

Volunteer B said, “I was grateful to be able to smile brightly with the senior guests while wearing a Santa hat, volunteering to provide a hairdressing service, singing songs, and smiling brightly with the seniors. I was grateful that they greeted me and I told them I would continue to see them in good health next year.”

An official from the volunteer group said, “We were worried because of the cold weather, but were grateful that the seniors contacted us first, asking when we would be coming.” He added, “The seniors’ bright appearance after having their hair cut was beautiful. We will spare no efforts to ensure that they do not lose that smile in the future.”

Meanwhile, after completing the hairdressing service, the volunteer group bowed and presented rice cakes an expression of gratitude and good health, creating a warm atmosphere.

You May Also Like

0 comments