1000 ‘We Are Run’ members participate in the '2023 MBN Naju Marathon' to brighten the Community

by - 09:05

 

On the 8th October, more than 1000 members of We Are Run Gwangju-Jeonnam Branch are participating in the '2023 MBN Naju Marathon'

On the 8th October, more than 5000 marathon enthusiasts from all over the country who participated in the '2023 MBN Naju Marathon' and citizens gathered to cheer.

Although it was cloudy and chilly due to rain that fell early in the morning, competition participants were busy from early morning at Naju Sports Park in South Jeolla Province.

This marathon, co-hosted by MBN, Maeil Business Newspaper, and Naju City Athletics Federation, was held along the Yeongsan River riverside road and the old cultural heritage area where Naju's history is alive.

The competition was run as a half course of 10km and 5km. A mixed team event in which six people ran as a team, which was not seen in other competitions, was also held, attracting attention.

The race was held under the slogan, 'Your run becomes history,' and among the participants dressed in colourful clothes, young people from the We Are Run Gwangju-Jeonnam Branch, wearing pink scarves around their necks, cheered each other on to finish the race.

A member who participated in his first 5km marathon said, “I've liked running since I was young, but this is my first time running a marathon like this. As I've maintained my physical strength by swimming and running ahead of the competition, I will run with the goal of finishing the race.”

They enjoyed their respective races while enjoying the autumn scenery of the wide fields of Honam Plain turning golden around the banks of the Yeongsan River in Naju.

We Are Run member Jin-ah Kim (28), who won the women’s 5km course, said, “Even during the Chuseok holiday, I exercised consistently while thinking about the competition.” “I’m happy that I got a good result because I prepared so hard,” she said about receiving the award.

Member Ho-young Song (23, male), who placed third in the men's 5km race, said, “Due to the COVID-19 infection a year ago, my depression worsened as I got used to being alone and stopped meeting people. What changed me at that time was the We Are Run crew that I met after the coronavirus pandemic restrictions were lifted. As I communicated with my crew members through exercise, my running skills also improved.” “I am grateful to my crew members who always pull me together and support me,” he said.

An official from the We Are Run Gwangju-Jeonnam Branch said, “About 1000 We Are Run members participated in this competition. It was a valuable time to add vitality to We Are Run members to the beauty of Naju, which is leaping forward as an athletics city.” He said, “We plan to continue preparing various events that will brighten the local community with the energy of young people.”

Meanwhile, the We Are Run Gwangju-Jeonnam Branch not only participates in major marathons across the country, but also carries out various activities to spread good influence, such as plogging, which combines environmental protection activities and physical activities.

You May Also Like

0 comments