“My 20-year life of faith was meaningless: understanding the Word gave me hope” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 5]

by - 13:59

📰Two years ago, heresy counsellors belonging to the Korean Church predicted that Shincheonji Church of Jesus, the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (Shincheonji) would be dismantled in the wake of Covid-19. They insisted that believers would leave Shincheonji and go to their churches instead. Yet the reality has been the opposite. The established Church in Korea is facing its greatest crisis as it experiences a sharp decline in membership, while Shincheonji has grown rapidly over the past two years, producing a whopping 40,000 graduates. The stories of faithful believers, who have overcome discrimination and hatred amid an unprecedented era of 'fake news' during the Covid-19 pandemic, are recounted here.

[Cheonji Ilbo = Reporter Su-kyung Kang] A woman in her 60s, who had been a Buddhist believer before marriage, chose the faith of her mother-in-law, who was a priest; thereby beginning a Christian life of faith. “That is when I began going to church,” she recalls.

Mrs. A, who practised her faith by attending church and volunteering for 20 years, yet did not understand the words of the Bible during that time, said, “During my life of faith back then, it was as if I was being blindly told ‘God is alive’.” 

Mrs. A said that her spiritual thirst was only quenched when, upon the recommendation of a friend, she listened to the words of Shincheonji Church of Jesus. Mrs. A said, “I started going to a place recommended to me by a friend, where the Word was taught well. I had read the Bible and thought I'd known it, but I realised this Word was different.”

She continued, “At that time, I expressed to the Bible teacher that I wanted to learn and would study hard. While I was learning the Word, I arrived earlier than anyone else and would leave late.” She added, “After having now heard this Word, the words 'God was alive' I can no longer hold onto with blind faith. Rather, with a clear logic, I can say that God is alive and working. I feel this deeply.”

She says, while recalling her past before hearing the Word when she had no hope of heaven or faith, “When my son was hospitalised for two years, he was struggling and contemplated suicide.”

Furthermore, Mrs. A, who was labelled the main culprit in the spread of Coronavirus in 2020 and had subsequent difficulty maintaining her faith and family, recalls, “I overcame that period with boldness and firm faith. She added, “Owing to his work circumstances, my husband does not have the environment where he can be evangelised, but if the situation arises, I will evangelise him so we can both share a hope for Heaven.”

===========================

Shincheonji Diary of Faith Series
“The word of Shincheonji Church of Jesus saved me from a life without purpose or hope” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 4]

“Her faith, filled with grace, led to a healthier relationship”: Shincheonji fosters solid mother-child relationship [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 3]

''My parents, who tried to force me to undergo coercive conversion for years, acknowledged my life of faith in Shincheonji after seeing 'unity' between my husband, children and I [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 2]''

“This Word is True”: The Word of Shincheonji and My Family [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 1]
http://noahbrown1984.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-word-of-shincheonji-and-family-this.html

You May Also Like

0 comments