“Her faith, filled with grace, led to a healthier relationship”: Shincheonji fosters solid mother-child relationship [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 3]

by - 09:55

 

On 11th April 2022, Cheonji Ilbo (Cheonji Daily) published an article, in Korean, entitled, 'Her faith, filled with grace, led to a healthier relationship': Shincheonji fosters solid mother-child relationship [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 3]”. This is a translation of that report. Image is courtesy of Getty Images.

📰Two years ago, heresy counsellors belonging to the Korean Church predicted that Shincheonji Church of Jesus, the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (Shincheonji) would be dismantled in the wake of Covid-19. They insisted that believers would leave Shincheonji and go to their churches instead. Yet the reality has been the opposite. The established Church in Korea is facing its greatest crisis as it experiences a sharp decline in membership, while Shincheonji has grown rapidly over the past two years, producing a whopping 40,000 graduates. The stories of faithful believers, who have overcome discrimination and hatred amid an unprecedented era of 'fake news' during the Covid-19 pandemic, are recounted here.

✦ “You (Mum) can believe in Shincheonji Church, or whatever you want. Do as you wish.”

These are the words of the son of Mrs. A, who has lived a long life of faith as a believer in Shincheonji Church of Jesus. However, with the outbreak of Covid-19, Shincheonji Church stood at the centre of all kinds of slander, and her son became increasingly unsettled. This is because the main criticism against Shincheonji came from the family surroundings. He felt so uncomfortable that he began to show sympathy for the rumours, and wouldn't keep his mouth shut as he thought of his mother.

With a heavy heart, Mrs. A encouraged her son to study the Word. He stubbornly refused at first. Mrs. A said, My heart's desire to pass on to my own son the treasures I had received could not be calmed. Mrs. A would pray earnestly to God. She set an example for her son by caring for her family both materially and with a motherly heart. Observing his mother's overall character, the son started taking online classes at the Zion Mission Center, telling her, I'll give it a listen once or twice, but no more than that.

“To be honest, I first started listening to it (the Word) reluctantly”, he recalls, but I changed my mind after hearing it just a few times.” He perceived the difference between the stories that were circulating outside and the actual word from Shincheonji Church. He continued, “The more I got to learn, the more enjoyable class became. One week became a month and I have now been taking online classes for eight months.

He admits, I now understand why my mother had urged me to do this study so many times.

Since taking online classes at the Zion Mission Center, he has revealed that his relationship with his mother has improved and his attitude towards society has also changed. Once the son who would often tell his mother - even if she was tired - Why don't you go to work today?”, he now says, If I were to take a day off, my colleagues would have a hard time, but I've learnt through the teachers that a person who learns the Bible should know how to be considerate and patient.” The son admits to a shift in his heart brought on after hearing these words.

He said, “A change has definitely been brought about by the Word of the Bible, God’s grace, and faith. He said, “This is not something people can easily make up,” and, “The words of the Bible that I learned within just a few months have turned into a life of faith that has altered my attitude towards life. With a playful tone, he says, “On the contrary, I've been blessed!

The son has now learned how to engage with his mother. He says, “It must have been very difficult for her to balance work and faith.” With a heart of gratitude, he says, Shincheonji Church and their teachings of the Bible do foster a healthier mother-child relationship.

===========================

Shincheonji Diary of Faith Series
''My parents, who tried to force me to undergo coercive conversion for years, acknowledged my life of faith in Shincheonji after seeing 'unity' between my husband, children and I [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 2]''

“This Word is True”: The Word of Shincheonji and My Family [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 1]
http://noahbrown1984.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-word-of-shincheonji-and-family-this.html

You May Also Like

0 comments