Shincheonji Volunteer Group Brings Nostalgia and Community Spirit to Donghae Market with Bongsunga School Festival

by - 15:42

The Shincheonji Volunteer Group Donghae Branch is performing national gymnastics under the theme 'Bongsunga Academy' at the Dongjokbada Central Market on 19th June.

The Donghae Branch of the Shincheonji Volunteer Group recently hosted a ‘Bongsunga School Festival’ at East Sea Central Market Square to support local traditional markets and connect with merchants, residents, and visitors.

The event followed a business agreement signed last January with the market merchants’ association to help revitalise the local economy. Previous activities included a gourd-breaking event, a ‘You Quiz’ highlighting Mukho Market, and a relay sticker campaign featuring favourite local restaurants.

The fifth event invited visitors to take part in national gymnastics, wear retro outfits, and join school-themed activities and commemorative photo sessions.

Yong-jin Gu, chairman of the Dongjokbada Central Market Merchants’ Association, said, “The diverse programmes of the Shincheonji Volunteer Group Donghae Branch are healing. I am grateful for their sincere service to the merchants and citizens.”

Merchant Jeong-suk Kim, 62, said, “I heard the Donghae branch was coming, so I boiled a lot of corn. I am always happy to see them, and customers are also happy because they organise various programmes in the market.”

An official from the volunteer group said, “This event was a time of mutual growth where we overcame difficulties and helped one another. We will continue to strive to be a Donghae branch that shares our hearts and supports one another.”

You May Also Like

0 comments