From Screen Time to Family Time: Dads Reconnect with Their Children

by - 22:50

A game of "Dad Tag" is taking place at Chomakgol Ecological Park in Gyeonggi Province.
Shincheonji Church of Jesus’ Gwacheon Church held the ‘Let’s Play, Dad’ family picnic at Chomakgol Ecological Park in Gyeonggi Province on 23rd June.

Around 30 families participated in games including a treasure hunt, tag, and water balloon activities, giving fathers and children an opportunity to play and reconnect.

Na-yun Kim (7) said, “Dad always said he was tired, but today we ran around and played together, and I really liked it. Dad was like Superman.”

Se-jung Oh (38), whose wife has largely handled childcare due to his frequent business trips, said, “I think I was a dad who simply watched from a distance with a stern look in my eyes.” He added, “I feel like the wall that had built up between us has come down a little today as I spent time making eye contact and playing with my child.”

A Shincheonji Gwacheon Church official said, “Knowledge fades with time, but the warmth and laughter experienced while playing with one’s father during childhood remain in our memories for a long time.”

He added, “The busier you are, the more consciously you must make time to be with your family.”

You May Also Like

0 comments