Promoting Healthy Ageing: Shincheonji Yeongdeungpo Church Holds Senior Health Campaign

by - 16:21

 

A church member is measuring their blood sugar during the 'Health Promotion Campaign' held at Shincheonji Yeongdeungpo Church

Shincheonji Church of Jesus, the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony, Bartholomew Tribe's Yeongdeungpo Church recently held a health promotion campaign for elderly members.

The church has been conducting regular health promotion campaigns since August last year to support members’ health management. Initially focused on those aged 70 and older, the programme has since expanded to include middle-aged members in their 40s to 60s.

The latest campaign targeted members aged 70 and older, particularly in response to the large temperature fluctuations associated with the changing season. Medical professionals provided diabetes prevention education and offered health screenings, including blood pressure and blood sugar measurements, health questionnaires, and personalised lifestyle and dietary counselling.

Members with elevated blood pressure or who required further evaluation were advised to visit external medical facilities for additional examinations and treatment.

Ms. Myeong-ok An, 73, of Daerim-dong, said, “I got tested and my blood sugar levels came out a little high. I exercise regularly, but I think I need to take better care of my body.” She added, “I am grateful that the medical staff explained how to manage my health in an easy-to-understand way.”

Ms. Young-bun Lee, 75, also of Daerim-dong, said, “It is not easy to travel to and from a specialised hospital for a health check-up, and it can take a long time. It is a great help to be able to have my health checked regularly without having to go to the hospital.”

An official from Shincheonji Yeongdeungpo Church said, “As temperatures continue to drop, we plan to strengthen our health and welfare services to support the healthy daily lives and religious activities of our members.”

You May Also Like

0 comments