How I found lasting hope and purpose through the Bible

by - 16:12


Some readers will know my story about how I found hope and purpose. For those who don’t, I would like to briefly share with you.

I reached a point in my life years ago, which some psychologists might diagnose as a ‘quarter-life crisis’. Although I achieved some measure of ‘success’ by the world’s standards, it was fleeting and I felt scarred by a deep, pervasive emptiness. Coupled with knowledge of bleak headlines and global media coverage of the world’s many wars and conflicts, I despaired of life itself. Where could I find hope?

For whatever reason, I inherently believed that only the Creator could help me find my purpose and fill my empty heart with a measure of hope. For the first time in my life, I picked up the Bible and began to read it avidly; early morning, away from colleagues on my lunchbreak and before bedtime. But I didn’t understand it. I went to local church leaders and asked them to help me understand it. Despite their best intentions, no one could give me a clear answer. ‘Just have faith and believe’ is what I was commonly advised. Seeking answers, I went to church services in many denominations and served in whatever way I could. I attended many Christian and secular conferences and courses, and ended up paying thousands of pounds. Nothing seemed to nourish my broken spirit. I had reached the nadir of my life. Then one evening, I cried out to God and pleaded with Him to show Himself to me, either through an understanding of the Bible or through vision.

I write this article today, several years later, with the certain knowledge that God is real and answered my prayer that night. Soon after, I met someone who had a sound understanding of the Bible. He explained the Bible to me in a clear and logical way, answering the many questions I had about it. I was stunned that everything I was being taught was explained through the Bible itself. No external interpretations or commentaries; just the Bible. My spiritual eyes were being gradually opened.

I was then given the free opportunity to dig deeper into the word of God. I took it and began a six-month Bible study course. l gained a thorough understanding of God’s 6000-year history recorded in the Bible, was shown the true meaning of the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in Genesis, and also learned about the new covenant that believers must keep today, recorded in the four Gospels and book of Revelation. More than anything, that course provided me with a clear understanding of God’s will for my life and His redemptive plan for humanity in our deeply broken world. I also came to understand that God is a God of promise; whatever He promises, He fulfils at an appointed time in the future.

Although I still have hurdles to overcome daily in my faith, I give all thanks to God that I now have a definite hope and purpose in Shincheonji Church of Jesus, The Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (hereon 'Shincheonji church'). Shincheonji church is with God because it is the church Jesus promised in the book of Revelation 2000 years ago. Unlike any other church in the world, the head of this church is Jesus, not man. Jesus is the one who promised Revelation and he is the one who fulfils it, revealing the true meaning of Revelation that has been sealed for the last 2000 years (see the below link). The name ‘Shincheonji’ appears according to the Bible (‘New Heaven New Earth’ in Rv 21). It is also called ‘Tabernacle of the Testimony' according to the Bible (Rv 15:5) because it has seen and heard all the promised events in Revelation and can, therefore, give testimony about it. The people in Shincheonji church are all on the same journey, practising our walk of faith as best as we can and with sincere love and respect for one another. Many people who are hungry for answers to life’s problems are also studying the word and flocking to this promised church all over the world. For this, I will be forever grateful. Thank you, God. Thank you, Jesus.

I know that God is a living, not distant, God who fulfils everything He promises. In Rv 21:3-4, it is written that a world without mourning, death, crying or pain will be created on the earth. This is God’s hope and my greatest hope.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Rv 21:3-4)

To read more about how Shincheonji Church of Jesus, The Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony has been created according to the promises of the Bible, please click here

You May Also Like

0 comments