“I’m sorry I didn’t trust my daughter and tried to forcibly convert her” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 7]

by - 12:30

 

On 23rd May 2022, Cheonji Ilbo (Cheonji Daily) published an article, in Korean, entitled, “'I’m sorry I didn’t trust my daughter and tried to forcibly convert her' [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 7]”. This is a translation of that report.

📰Two years ago, heresy counsellors belonging to the Korean Church predicted that Shincheonji Church of Jesus, the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (Shincheonji) would be dismantled in the wake of Covid-19. They insisted that believers would leave Shincheonji and go to their churches instead. Yet the reality has been the opposite. The established Church in Korea is facing its greatest crisis as it experiences a sharp decline in membership, while Shincheonji has grown rapidly over the past two years, producing a whopping 40,000 graduates. The stories of faithful believers, who have overcome discrimination and hatred amid an unprecedented era of 'fake news' during the Covid-19 pandemic, are recounted here.

✦ Testimony by Ji-yeon Kang (pseudonym) of the Women's Department

While life was plodding along as normal, I found out through a friend of my daughter that my second daughter had been attending Shincheonji. I was shocked to learn that such a kind-hearted young woman had fallen into an alleged cult. Upon the recommendation of some acquaintances, I made the decision to take my daughter to Guri Heresy Counselling Centre. 

However, from the moment I brought her to the site of the conversion programme, I began to feel unsettled. The building was a complex, filled with people, and its suitability to even operate as an office was questionable, so how could counselling begin straightaway? I was concerned.

When I met Pastor Shin, he informed me that he had left Shincheonji because of his daughter. However, as I listened to his story, I thought that he might have left Shincheonji because of his own lack of faith. At the forced conversion site, he was unable to answer my daughter's questions, only slandered Shincheonji and kept saying things that made no sense. That is when I made the decision to take my daughter out of the conversion programme.

My daughter was a good-natured person who usually placed the needs of others above her own and was considerate of other people's feelings. My daughter told me that I should learn more about Shincheonji, so I took the center course, and then joined the church. 

I am filled with remorse that I did not believe what my daughter had been telling me and forced her onto the forced conversion programme. This second daughter of mine is my child, but spiritually she has become my mother. What my daughter tells me about spiritual matters is true. If you also listen and follow the words of the Bible, you can only agree and follow it. 

I am sorry that I am not able to do God's work full-time because of current work commitments in the world. With a truly repentant heart, I am praying that my work situation can be eased so that I can devote myself to full-time ministry.

http://www.newscj.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=983929

===========================

Shincheonji Diary of Faith Series
“Shincheonji’s words, like water for the soul, have washed away the hardships of life” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 6]

“My 20-year life of faith was meaningless: understanding the Word gave me hope” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 5]

“The word of Shincheonji Church of Jesus saved me from a life without purpose or hope” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 4]

“Her faith, filled with grace, led to a healthier relationship”: Shincheonji fosters solid mother-child relationship [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 3]

''My parents, who tried to force me to undergo coercive conversion for years, acknowledged my life of faith in Shincheonji after seeing 'unity' between my husband, children and I [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 2]''

“This Word is True”: The Word of Shincheonji and My Family [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 1]

You May Also Like

0 comments