“After verifying the words of Shincheonji that I had received through my mother, I am now confident in my faith” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 10]

by - 14:08

 

On 26th July 2022, Cheonji Ilbo (Cheonji Daily) published an article in Korean, entitled, “'After verifying the words of Shincheonji that I had received through my mother, I am now confident in my faith' [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 10]”. This is a translation of that report.

📰Two years ago, heresy counsellors belonging to the Korean Church predicted that Shincheonji Church of Jesus, the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (Shincheonji) would be dismantled in the wake of Covid-19. They insisted that believers would leave Shincheonji and go to their churches instead. Yet the reality has been the opposite. The established Church in Korea is facing its greatest crisis as it experiences a sharp decline in membership, while Shincheonji has grown rapidly over the past two years, producing a whopping 40,000 graduates. The stories of faithful believers, who have overcome discrimination and hatred amid an unprecedented era of 'fake news' during the Covid-19 pandemic, are recounted here.

✦ Testimony by Do-young Kim (pseudonym) of Shincheonji Church of Jesus (Busan James tribe)
When I was young, I went to a regular church and practised a Christian life of faith. At that time, my mother first started attending Shincheonji Church of Jesus. As it is now, even then the world was cursing Shincheonji, so I only viewed them through  a negative lens, as others did.

Then my mother told me to listen to the words of Shincheonji, which I did at first. Yet it was difficult to understand what she was saying. Naturally, I became distant from the Word of Shincheonji, and I stopped going to church regularly.

When I became an adult and matured to some extent, I started to think a lot about 'Why do people die?' After hearing that life and death and sickness is written about in the Bible, I listened to the words of Shincheonji again.

Shincheonji Church of Jesus is different from any established church in that it teaches entirely based on the Bible. At first, I was sceptical too, but whenever I felt that way, it was resolved with clear answers and evidence given through the Bible. My curiosities were satisfied, and I started to listen more attentively.

On one occasion, I was curious to understand why the words of Shincheonji were true. Then I was told, 'There are prophecies in the Bible, and you can believe through the reality that is fulfilled according to the prophecy'. And the realities were revealed to me one by one.

Hearing this, I came to realise that people have failed to fully keep the promise God makes with them, yet God has chosen one shepherd in every era of His long 6,000-year work to fulfil His promise, which God fulfils through His shepherd.

I pondered over the question, 'Is there any other fulfilment of the Bible that I do not know?' I was curious, and as I listened to the word and checked the word, I came to realise that more than 90% of the words of the Bible had already been fulfilled. And seeing what has been fulfilled, I was convinced, 'This Word is worth believing and following; no, you have to follow it.'

I want to thank my mother deeply for helping me hear this Word for the first time. At first, I misunderstood Shincheonji, but whenever I had such thoughts, I was able to resolve any misunderstandings by honestly sharing them with my mother.

I am grateful to the many people who helped me besides my mother, and although I am currently in the military, I continue to carry out a life of faith with an unchanging heart.

===========================

Shincheonji Diary of Faith Series
“The standard of the Word taught at Shincheonji has gained recognition from my family and brought greater value to my life.” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 9]

“Shincheonji has become life for the whole family” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 8]

“I’m sorry I didn’t trust my daughter and tried to forcibly convert her” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 7]

“Shincheonji’s words, like water for the soul, have washed away the hardships of life” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 6]

“My 20-year life of faith was meaningless: understanding the Word gave me hope” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 5]

“The word of Shincheonji Church of Jesus saved me from a life without purpose or hope” [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 4]

“Her faith, filled with grace, led to a healthier relationship”: Shincheonji fosters solid mother-child relationship [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 3]

''My parents, who tried to force me to undergo coercive conversion for years, acknowledged my life of faith in Shincheonji after seeing 'unity' between my husband, children and I [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 2]''

“This Word is True”: The Word of Shincheonji and My Family [Shincheonji Diary of Faith - 1]

You May Also Like

0 comments