Shincheonji Volunteer Group's Masan Branch conducts '53-year-old house renovation'

by - 07:47

 

“I was surprised to see that they were more thorough and clean than I expected.”

These are the words of an official from the Yangdeok 1-dong Administrative Welfare Centre who participated in the 'Ttuk-Ttak House' volunteer activity together with the Masan branch of the Shincheonji Volunteer Group in the Republic of Korea.

The volunteer effort was planned with the aim of improving the living environment of people in older age who live alone and do not receive welfare benefits.

Volunteers and administrative welfare centre staff worked from morning to evening on various tasks such as removing mould, replacing flooring, replacing light bulbs, and cleaning sinks.

Mr. Gil-dong Kim, who benefited from the volunteer work that day, said, “My 53-year-old home has become a completely new home. I am so moved that I cannot express it in words.” The resident next door also said, “I felt bad when I heard that my neighbors were not receiving welfare benefits, so I am glad that the Shincheonji Volunteer Group offered to help.”

An official from the Masan branch of the Shincheonji Volunteer Group said, “We will continue to carry out various volunteer activities for the local community in the future.”

You May Also Like

0 comments